Now, I live in Sweden, so for parts of the year I don´t feel tempted to step onto the icy ground... But, when I can, I do it!
I can feel it is good for me, but when I started reading about it I was so delighted to see that many studies have been made that prove that there are many health benefits to barefoot walking!
Here are some of the things I found:
1. Apart from the plain loveliness of having your feet touch the earth, we trigger different reflexology points in our feet.
I borrowed this map from The Power of Positivity:
2. Walking on the earth can help lower our cortisol levels, which then helps our bodies to release stress.
3. Studies have shown that walking barefoot, or sleeping on the ground, helps our body readjust to the natural cycles of the earth which then can improve our sleep.
4. In a report by the Journal of environmental and public health researchers found that walking barefoot can decrease the white blood cell count and increase the red blood cell count, which apparently is good for us! You might understand this better than me... But this is supposed to be good for the immune system! So...YAY!
5. It can reduce the risk of heart disease because of the increase of the surface charge of the red blood cells. This decreases the blood´s thickness, which is GOOD!
6. It can decrease anxiety and stress. I can definitely say that that is right for me.
The earth has a negative charge, and we come in contact with a lot of positive charge because of all the electromagnetic waves we are exposed to daily, so barefoot walking helps us get back into balance.
7. And barefoot walking boosts our energy levels!
So YAY to a lot of that, don´t you think?
I vote for a lot of barefoot walking this summer!
With love, Elin xx